TortoiseSVN is one of the most popular easy to use software, in alliance with windows environment. It is basically an subversion clients, provides an nice and easy user interface. As soon as it is installed it keeps the tracks of your files and directories and all their variants, this helps to examine the changes made in their older versions and enables you to recover them. It’s integration is not with specific IDE like Microsoft visual studio, eclipse or others, you can use it for any development tools.
As it is used in the alliance with windows it can be access directly from windows explorer making it easy for developers as well as typical users.
As a subversion client, key features of TortoiseSVN as subversion are:
• Most current CVS feature.
• Directories, renames, assembly and file Meta -data is versioned.
• Branching are tagging are constant time operation.
• Commits are truly atomic.
• Efficient binary file handling.