.NET Framework Version 4.0
The .NET Framework is Microsoft's inclusive and steady programming model for building applications that have visually stunning user experiences, enhancing and secure communication.
The .NET Framework 4 can works along with older Framework versions. Applications that are based on earlier versions of the Framework will continue to run on the version targeted by default.
• Improvements in Common Language Runtime (CLR) and Base Class Library (BCL).
• Innovations in the Visual Basic and C# languages, for example statement lambdas, delegates, events, implicit line continuations, dynamic dispatch, and named/optional parameters.
• Enhancements to ASP.NET.
• Improvements in Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and WCF.
• Improvements in Data Access and Modeling.
• New parallel-programming features like LINQ (language integrated query).